I wrote my first Flash piece in 2018 and now I’m a serious addict.
Some reasons why I’m hooked.
- Flash Fiction is the total opposite of writing a 75,000-word novel.
- Writing Flash is editing boot camp. Every word must work hard for its keep.
- I love the challenge of condensing a fully-formed story into a short, short form.
- The satisfaction that comes with writing Flash is immediate – it’s not difficult to finish.
- Writing short-form lets me experiment with different voices and styles.
- I’ve met other flash fiction writers on social media and I’m enjoying encouraging feedback and connection.
- I don’t get bogged. I can write a piece of Flash and move on from it, quick time.
I’m ongoingly stunned at what authors manage to convey in Flash. Respect.
Flash Fiction is gaining global popularity for its immediacy and punchy bite-sized storytelling.